Friday, September 5, 2014

Crimped Flower Card!


Hello

Today, I am sharing a card that I made last night! I started off playing with Cheery Lynn flowers of course! Trying a "new to me" technique on the light brown (Tea Dye) Cherry Blossom flower.


I lightly spritz the back of each layer with water and folded/crimped each petal with my fingers. I placed each layer to the side and let it dry. I then used my styles in the center around the small hole that is die cut into each layer. This gave each layer a cupped shape and the petal edges were not flattened.

I enjoyed making them and I know I will have to experiment on the other Cheery Lynn Flower Dies.


I also used the Clocks Embossing Plate to create texture and pattern to my card base. I first took my ink pad (Tea dye) and gently tapped on to the embossing plate. Making sure that I only applied ink on to the top of the ridges - image/pattern part. I then ran it through my Big Shot. Not only is my card base embossed but it is also stamped with ink! I love this technique!  

Try this technique out and enter it in NEXT weeks challenge "All about Textures" - on the Cheery Lynn Blog. This new challenge starts on Sunday!


Dies Used:

Sweet Christine - B434

 
Thanks for joining me today!
 
Take care,
 
Live, Laugh & Create.

No comments:

Post a Comment