Friday, October 24, 2014

Army Card


Hello and Happy Friday!

Today I wanted to share my Army card that I created using some of the new Cheery Lynn Design Dies from the October 15th release!

Before I talk about the dies I used, I wanted to share a technique I used using the Gauze Border die as a stencil. 

I die cut the Gauze Border out of scrap paper. I then placed the border die cut on top of my Kraft card stock that I wanted to use on my card. I applied ink in a light colour (off white) direct to paper. Heat set and then moved the die/stencil slightly to the left and using my ink blending tool - I applied my green and brown ink tones. Remove my stencil and WOW! I absolutely love the effect it gave!


I used the New Army set - These dies are not just for the Armed forces but I will be using mine on masculine themed cards and on my scrapbook pages for my boys!


 Above is a Tank from the set which comes with four other dies. A helmet, the word Army which is shown above, a helicopter and Army Truck.


The I Spy die is going to be a great accent on nature cards. I live in Northern British Columbia, so outdoor/hunting activities are very popular here. I know that I will use this die quite a bit!

Dies Used

Gauze Border - B305

Sentiment Tag 2 (Set of 3) - B425

I hope you will play along in our weekly Challenge 155 - Vintage. You could win a $20 shopping spree at the online Cheery Lynn Designs store

Thanks for joining me today!

Take care,
Corina Finley

Live, Laugh & Create!

No comments:

Post a Comment